The sun is finally out- finally without a cold, bone chilling breeze or a cloud in the sky. It’s actually hot. I don’t want to rejoice too soon, but I feel like a kid in a candy store. Hot weather means plumper, juicier tomatoes and grapes also! 😉 There is no excuse to not go to the FM and load up fruits and snacks. No one wants to be cooped up in a small apartment when the temperatures are just right. Here are some of my favorite outdoor places in San Francisco to hang out and take in the warm rays!
1. Dolores Park Cafe– the scene is vibrant, friendly, peers into Dolores Park, free WiFi, and situated across from Bi-Rite Creamery. There are a few outdoor seats, but you will not find a power outlet anywhere.
2. Samovar Tea Lounge Yerba Buena– Zen! Situated on top of the gardens, and a few feet away from the waterfalls. They have a huge patio and the lounge has floor to ceiling windows. Though, there is no internet or power outlets available. Unplug and read a book!
3. Radius Cafe- beautiful cafe with free WiFi and all locally sourced food and beverages.
4. South Park– has wonderful eateries (Butler and the Chef, AMGCK) and a couple of cafes as well as a picturesque park with slides and swings.
5. Sit at the backside of the with a refreshing fresh juice or iced Blue Bottle coffee with a book/iPad.
1. Magic Flute– an unassuming restaurant on the outside has a large, beautifully manicured patio. The brunches are excellent!
2. Tipsy Pig– you would think Bar Food, but think again. Delicious Southern food, perfectly executed and changing with season. Service can be slow, really slow.
3. Marengo– oh the retractable roof and sliders speaks for themselves.
4. Ferry Building– Take it to go and sit on the patio overlooking the ferries and Bay Bridge. Il Cane Roso for sandwiches, OTD for cooling salads, Blue Bottle for iced coffee, Miete for a sweet treat!
5. South Park– see above
6. La Mar Cebicheria– lunch or dinner, the redone patio is the place to be.
7. Cafe Flore– vibrant Castro scene, lush patio
8. Passion Cafe– haven’t been but they have a rooftop and it’s French food!
9. Starbelly– seasonal pizzas on the patio
10. Contigo– tapas + cava + outdoor patio= happy
11. Foreign Cinema– a SF institution, eat, drink and watch a foreign film playing in the background, under lines of pretty lights
12. Bar Bambino– have the cooling watermelon-basil salad
1. Marengo- urban modern retractable roof, blocking all wind, is perfect to nosh and imbibe.
2. Tipsy Pig– an urban-zen patio is large and relaxing, except for when the loud guys in oversized Flannel shirts and Marina Girls in seeking attention are there
3. Unwind– a large patio, but it’s more of sports bar feel
4. Bar Agricole– quality, hand crafted drinks, airy-modern architecture
5. Morac– Street patio in the Mission, hookah lounge
Just remember to keep it healthy, safe, and fun!
I could go on and on, but I want to know your favorite outdoor places in San Francisco?
Did you know that Club Dine In! is on Twitter and Facebook? Follow @clubdinein for daily health, fitness, and social news, recipes and delicious tips! Join the Club Dine In! community on Facebook to connect with like-minded individuals and find out about exclusive Club Dine! events.