Even if you are not a football fanatic, you can’t deny the
delicious junk food the Super Bowl parties offer. Nachos, pizzas, chips, wings and they taste good in their own right. Well, don’t think of Super Bowl as a sabotage to your health goals or new year’s resolutions. It’s just one day (as long as it really is just one day) and it’s okay to have a cheat meal every now and then. If you are truly worried about falling off track, follow these Healthier Social Eating Rules.
If you are hosting or taking something to a party, consider these alternatives to the traditional taco. They are easy to assemble, easy to eat, and seriously delicious.
Garbanzo Bean Tacos
– 15 oz Garbanzo Beans, precooked or precooked (drained and washed)
-1 medium onion, chopped
– 1/2 cup salsa
-1 teaspoon cumin
– salt and paprika, to taste
– 8 taco shells or soft mini tortillas
– 1/2 cup yogurt or sour cream
– 1 cup arugula
1. Saute onions in heated oil until translucent on medium heat (5-8) minutes.
2. Add in the garbanzo beans, salt, cumin and paprika. Stir well and cook for 10 minutes. Meanwhile warm up the taco shells for 5-10 seconds each or warm up the soft tortillas on a nonstick pan.
3. Turn off the stove and stir in the salsa.
4. Immediately, spoon the mixture into each warmed taco shell. Top with the fresh arugula and serve immediately.
Did you know that Club Dine In! is on Twitter and Facebook? Follow @clubdinein for daily health, fitness, and social news, recipes and delicious tips! Join the Club Dine In! community on Facebook to connect with like-minded individuals and find out about exclusive Club Dine! events.
- Super Bowl Tacos (clubdinein.com)